Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Heart Faces | Celebrating Teens


Anyone who has a younger sibling knows that they are not always going to get along perfectly- as is the case with my younger sister and I. We fight all the time, but at the end of the day we know that we would be there for each other in a heartbeat.

My sister has a pretty rare blood disease called ITP and as a result she bruises very easily. We found out she had this when she was 4, and since she couldn't participate in any real contact sports, my mom decided to put her into dance. It soon became her whole life, and she has hopes to pursue it as a career someday. She is now 16 and just left this past saturday for 8 weeks of dance camp. 6 weeks at Milwaukee Ballet, and the
n 2 weeks at Joffery Ballet in NYC ! Its very cool to see
my baby sister grow up and overcome so many
obsticals.
Head on over to I Heart Faces to check out some of the other entries celebrating teens this week!


6 comments: